ABOUT OUR TURMERIC
Highest CURCUMIN - antioxidants and anti-inflammatory
Why We Grow Turmeric ?
1. We enjoy its beauty, aroma and sensual movements in a breeze. This sensation produces an affection that captures even a casual observer. We began without knowledge. When the leaves emerged, we sighed with relief. From that first planting and first harvest, we became consumed with learning what turmeric wants from us to produce the highest % of its best chemicals. We began measuring curcumin as a way to measure its medicinal value.
2. We want our turmeric to be the best turmeric. It is, with the highest naturally occurring % of lab tested curcumin 7.5 % Curcumin is the compound in turmeric that is most closely associated with anti-inflammatory properties. Our Raw Probiotic Turmeric is Americas Best Turmeric because it contains all of the plant chemicals: curcumin, curcuminoids, polyphenols, resins, essential oils and turmeric oils. WOW. That is fun.
3. We want everyone to overcome the suffering that comes with diseases. This gives us amazing satisfaction because we are not just making money - we are making a difference.
This is a recent unsolicited testimonial from Tom in NY:
I have been taking Raw Probiotic Turmeric Puree from The American Turmeric Company for some time now. I have to tell you that I am thrilled with the results so far. I definitely noticed a reduction in inflammation in a number of areas. I haven’t taken an Advil or Aspirin in a month! I also notice that my intestinal tract is much improved. I really feel a reduction in aches and pains! I’m so happy to have found your company and the Turmeric Puree! I’m looking forward to continued improvement as I use the product going forward. I’m telling everyone about this and telling them to ditch the drug store powdered capsules and try your Turmeric paste!
4. We are pioneers of regenerated soils- no chemicals. Agriculture in our area has used chems for 50 years… We regenerate our soil with wood chips - clean composted plant materials, composted manure, and mycorrhizae, etc.
5. We are changing the focus from extracting chemicals from plants to using the whole plant. Turmeric is a lot more than curcumin. We read about curcumin because it is isolated for research and because pharma can synthesize it. When curcumin is "standarized" and put in a pill, what 3rd party verifies its purity or what is really in the pill?
If we were to tell you even the simplest truths of the effect consuming the root and leaves has produced for our family and friends, you would leave this reading, having decided that we are not authentic - just marketing.
When we use this superfood every day, our body tells us "Thank You" every day.
6. Growing turmeric allows us to handcraft it from harvest It must be cleaned to meet USDA requirements. The skin of the rhizome is heated for a very short time to eliminate soil-borne bacteria. Then, quickly cooled and placed in our own heritage culture for a specific time. Finally cut, then immersed in another probiotic culture until packaged; our products all contain this Georgia. We can puree or cold dehydrate to nuggets for packaging. No chemicals - heat - or cold pressing - not ever.
Why don’t we use a cold press? Hope you enjoy this humor as we did. There is a very old expression that can be applied to modern "cold pressing". "You cannot get blood out of a turnip"! I asked a woman in a nationally known health food store stocking bottled "shots" listing “cold-processed turmeric” on the front label,…” how it is possible to get juice from a dense tough fibrous resinous rhizome like turmeric. She said, "Oh you just have to add apples to get some juice going." True story.
8. How can I know if turmeric will help with my concern?
Turmeric can help with SO MANY conditions that we face. And there are thousands of scientific articles that will provide you with in-depth information. Our recommendation is that you use the website provided by the US National Institutes of Health. Once there, type the word turmeric followed by the condition in which you are interested. For example, turmeric cancer or turmeric diabetes. The website is here.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.